December 12, 2013

Ebenezer Scrooge an ObamaCare Stooge?

I was rereading Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol the other day and, based on one passage, came to the conclusion that the protagonist, the Iconic Scrooge, was in fact an ObamaCare* proponent.

Herewith is the referenced tract:



‘Are there no prisons?'

‘Plenty of prisons,’ said the gentleman, laying down the  pen again.’And the Union workhouses.’ demanded Scrooge. ‘Are  they still in operation?’

‘Both very busy, sir.’

‘Oh. I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,’ said Scrooge. ‘I’m very glad to hear it.’

‘Under the impression that they scarcely furnish Christian cheer of mind or body to the multitude,’ returned the gentleman, ‘a few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy the Poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth. We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. What shall I put you down for?’

‘Nothing!’ Scrooge replied.

‘You wish to be anonymous?’

‘I wish to be left alone,’ said Scrooge. ‘Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don’t make merry myself at Christmas and I can’t afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned-they cost enough; and those who are badly off must go there.’

‘Many can’t go there; and many would rather die.’

‘If they would rather die,’ said Scrooge, ‘they had better  do it, and decrease the surplus population.'

..of course, I refer to the emboldened line wherein the goodly Ebenezer foresees the consequences of so many going without on the first day of 2014 thanks to President Selfie.

..and to all, a good night!

*Inasmuch as the hearttful and well-meaning commentators over at PMSNBC have decreed that it's racist to call the ACA ObamaCare, this blog shall henceforth refrain from using that offensive term. From now on, the new sobriquet shall be "StupidAsShitNegroPOTUSCare" or "DumbAsABoxOfRocksPresidentCare" or similarly constructed names in deference to our beloved President Stool Sample and that sack-of-pig-afterbirth he and his clown troupe have shoved up the American public's rectum.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment